Welcome to the Winnetka Men's Club
|Login to Register »||Closing Date||Event Date|
|Team Elms 2022 Finale and Sayonara to the National||9/29/22||10/1/22|
|Team Oaks 2022 Finale and Sayonara to the National||9/29/22||10/1/22|
Looking for Players!
|Looking for Players? Click here to go and post your own message »|
2022 Club Championship: Jeff Werstak repeats as Champion; John Nyhan captures the Senior Championship, and also low Net
The 2022 Club Championship was held Saturday and Sunday, Aug 27-28. We had great conditions Saturday, but a rainy start to Sunday. That did not phase the golf competition!
Our 2022 Club Champion is Jeff Werstak . He beat James Lawrence in a 5 hole, gripping playoff to claim the trophy. Both players played great over the weekend, tying on the 36th hole with a gross score of 158. Jeff's win puts his name on the trophy for the 2nd straight year.
Our Net and Senior Champion is John Nyhan. John played great this weekend. In fact he was the only player to post net under par rounds both days. Clarke Gagliardi and Bill Sholten tied for 2nd in the Senior Championship. Clarke also finished 2nd Net, followed closely by Paul Manley in 3rd.
Everyone had a great time playing. Jon Kunkle as always ran a great event, and like the captain on a sinking ship, was the last man standing on the 19th hole!
The Golf Course Project is moving forward: 18 hole course to close around November 1. We will update this on a current basis.
To follow the Village timeline on the project, click here. It is updated weekly with the work to be done that week.
1) The Par 3 closed on Monday, July 18 (see picture) .
- Work has begun on the Par 3 and the fields along Willow and Hibbard. This is the 1st part of the Village water abatement project.
- On Thursday, August 18, trees began to be removed on the Par 3
2) Now that they have started, the golf course portion needs to be done, since that is where much of the water will go. This should begin around November 1.
3) At some point , there will be a presentation from the architect, Rick Jacobson. As we know more, we will let you know. The drawings and concepts from early 2022 are shown below.
4) The Winnetka Park District Board in July chose Kemper Golf to mange the golf course. We will update this as we learn more.
Elms take the 1st Winnetka Cup Event in 2022 in the Rain; 2nd event scheduled for Saturday, August 6.
Can't say we don't have hearty competitors! A rain delay, followed by steady rain did not keep 20 competitors off the golf course. The Elm's prevailed over the Oaks 9 1/2 to 5 1/2. Here are the results. This was the makeup for the April 23 event that was rained out. Kudos to the players for getting this one in.
Match Play Competitions
Thursday Night League
The 1st week was Thursday, May 19. At the midpoint of the season June 22, "That Was a Really Good Double" is leading with 64 points. Teams are posted on the webite (upper right corner). If you are not on a team and want to play, contact Brad Upperman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pace of Play Guidelines
The Board started working on simple Pace of Play guidelines over the Winter to help the golf course move along. They are attached. Let us know if you have any questions or comments. Most course have guidelines like these.
Weekly events for 2022 are well underway. The events are listed on the right hand side of the home page.
Are You New to the Area and Looking for a great Place and Group of Guys to Play Golf With? Join The Winnetka Mens Golf Club! Click here to find out more.
Winnetka Golf Club course construction and drawings:
These are the latest drawings and overviews we have (which are from early 2022)
- Golf Course Renovation concepts
- Stormwater Management on Skokie Playfields
- 18 Hole Course Improvements
Matt McCann is using Rainout Line (download the app) to address the ongoing maintenence of the golf course. We will post Matt's comments as they are updated, which will include the weekly schedule, Bunker maintenence, the Ponds and Dandelions.